Join us for our most wonderful show of the year! Featuring work from 35+ local and nationally recognized artists. Fine art in oils, watercolors, acrylics, pastels, mixed media as well as hand blown glass, pottery, wood turnings, mosaics and more! Affordable art for holiday gift giving. Refreshments will be served.
Friday Dec 8: 10am-6pm
• Be the first to see our Holiday Art Show! The first twenty people to visit will receive a hand-painted gift.
• Join Janet Gill for live music from 4-6pm, wine/cheese
Saturday Dec 9 10am-6pm
• Adults can paint a complimentary glass ornament, from 11am-3pm (first come, first serve, supplies limited)
• Artisan Jewelry by Carolyn Hudson of Ikigai Jewelry
• Join creator of “Smalls Gallery” Lori Stearns for a viewing of her miniature art gallery. Wine/cheese from 4-6pm
Sunday, Dec 10 10am-4pm
• Show continues with artist Chris Muzerall. Join Chris and watch him paint a winter scene in oils.
Join us for a fun weekend workshop in the studio exploring color. Students will learn how to mix David's chromatic color palette and how to use color effectively from it. It’s easy to make a dark color, like Ultramarine Blue lighter by adding white, but how do you darken a light color like yellow? How do we warm up a color and how do we cool a color? How do I keep my colors from getting chalky? …and much much more. There will be follow along color mixing, along with plenty of discussion and time for all your pressing questions about color mixing. We promise that this will be a most informative workshop and you will walk away with a newfound confidence with mixing color. This workshop is like art school in a weekend.
In this two day workshop, Amy teaches painters how to emphasize the light in an interior, regardless of the room you choose to paint. Whether subdued or spectacularly lit, light directs the viewer to a particular space in a room or an object, and has the ability to create an emotional response, as the interior generally stimulates memories of season, time of day, or feelings about a particular space in a home. Second, Amy will also approach the interior using an alla prima painting style; a single session painting. Alla prima painting encourages a spontaneous approach to paint, the brush, and the paint surface.
Participants in last year's interior workshop can expect to take their work to a more advanced level, but new participants are very welcome to attend as well.
Please bring printed images of images from your favorite spaces. Take photos in which strong light and shadow are present. Amy will send participants examples of spaces prior to the workshop.